Almost after a couple of years since I had made my last "successful" Kerala mural - Shivakudumbam, I got a chance to revisit painting. I was scouting for a nice painting to start with and I shortlisted few murals. However this Ardhanareeshwara grabbed my attention because of its difference in painting. Normally the feminine and masculine parts of Ardhanareeshwara were painted with contrasting colours that clearly demarcates them. But in this painting, the body colour was the flesh yellow but just the shades were made in green and orange for the Parvathi and Shiva respectively. At the end of the day, my mural looked more like a contemporary painting but what gave me the satisfaction was that I managed to get the stippling techniques better this time.
The steps in the painting process are found in the gallery below.